- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Applications now being accepted
Monday, May 13, 2013 - 11:42pm
El Paso, TX (KDBC) — The Sun Bowl game is still several months away, but the Sun Bowl Association is now accepting applications for the 2013 Sun Court.
The Sun Court competition dates back to 1935.
Contestants are judged on their poise, communication skills, knowledge and intelligence.
Winners will have a number of mandatory events to attend throughout the rest of year leading up the New Year's Eve Sun Bowl game.
Eligibility and Rules
All Sun Princess applicants must fit these criteria in order to be eligible:
• A female between the ages of 18-22 (as of Sept. 1) and have completed one year of college
• Have not been married and have not had any children
• Must be enrolled as a full-time student taking a minimum of 12 academic hours or full time in a graduate program
• A cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (transcript must accompany application)
• Sun Princesses may not hold any other title during the time they are members of the Sun Court (with exceptions)
• MUST be available on Nov. 23-26, Nov. 28 and Dec. 26-31
• Responsible for their own transportation costs to attend mandatory events
To apply please submit: Official application, a professional resume, a color photograph (not larger than 5x7), and an essay (500 words or less) telling us about yourself to include school activities and awards, community involvement, employment and why you want to be a sun princess. This information will be used in press releases. Please email your application to email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or deliver it to 4150 Pinnacle St. Suite 100, El Paso, TX. 79902
The deadline to submit an application is June 14, 2013 and all interviews will be held on July 6, 2012.
The number of applicants will determine the number of interviews necessary to select the 2013 Sun Princesses.
The applicant will be notified of the interview schedule after the application deadline. For questions please call Ana Chavez at (915) 533-4416 ext. 205 or email her at email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.