Weather Alert

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 11:59am

EPFD: Heater cause of house fire in Northeast El Paso

Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 4:51pm

A wall-mounted heater in the living room caused a house fire in Northeast El Paso Saturday morning, according to El Paso Fire Department Spokesperson George DeLaTorre. DeLaTorre said no one was home at the time of the fire, which started at 10:42 a.m. at a home in the 5100 block of Tetons Dr.

A fire investigator said the flames traveled through the wall in the living room to the attic space. Neighbors saw the flames and called for help.

“Due to the quick actions taken by neighbors in reporting the smoke to 9-1-1, firefighters were able to contain and stop the fire from causing further damage,” Battalion Chief, Michael Moss said.

Damages are estimated at $5,000. No injuries were reported.


Reader Comments

Post new Comment