Family of four wakes up to a fire inside their home

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 5:16am

A family of four was awaken by a loud bang after a portion of their home caught fire around 11:45 p.m. Sunday. The fire happened on Tigris and Congo Way in the lower valley. Fire fighters say a gas leak from a motorcycle parked in the garage was ignited by the pilot light of their water heater. That caused the loud boom that woke up the family. Luckily the family managed to get out of their home safely and called 911. Their garage has fire and smoke damage and the exterior garage door was blown off from the blast. The family will have to find a place to stay while they repair the damages caused by the fire.  


Reader Comments

Post new Comment