- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Monday, February 18, 2013 - 1:56pm
EL PASO COUNTY — El Paso County Sheriff’s Deputies say fireworks are to blame for a shed fire over the weekend. Deputies were dispatched Saturday to the 9000 block of Curtis Dr., near Westway, to check on a structure fire.
Deputies arrived to find a storage shed located at the southeast corner of the residence on fire. Further investigation revealed the homeowner and his 18-year-old son were at home when it all started. It was determined the teen was lighting “Black Cat Little Dynamite” fireworks when a patch of grass near the shed caught fire.
The West Valley Fire Department was called and extinguished the fire.
Damages were estimated at $500; the homeowner was not insured. No one was injured as a result of the fire.