- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 - 1:04pm
Anthony, NM (KDBC) — The New Mexico Department of Health’s Anthony Public Health Office will host its last flu shot clinic of the month on Wednesday, December 11th.
The clinic is located at 865 N. Anthony Drive in Anthony.
It’s free of charge and available by appointment only.
Clinic hours will be 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM (Closed for lunch from 12 to 1 PM). For an appointment, call (575) 882-5858.
Everyone six months of age and older should get a flu vaccine each flu season, especially people in the following groups because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
• Children 6 months through 4 years of age
• Pregnant women (any trimester)
• People age 50 and older
• People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised
• People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
• People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
• American Indians and Alaskan Natives
• People who are morbidly obese
• Healthcare and early childhood personnel
People in these groups should also consider seeing their health care provider to be evaluated for antiviral medication if they develop flu symptoms.
The New Mexico Department of Health offers vaccinations for people without insurance or who are otherwise not able to get immunized.
Those with Medicaid or other health insurance should bring their insurance cards with them to the clinic.
For more information on the no-charge flu shot clinic, call the Otero County Public Health Office at (575) 882-5858.