Weather Alert

|
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 11:59am

Las Cruces man suspected of sexually assaulting toddler

Dona Ana County Dentention Center
Wednesday, July 2, 2014 - 6:24pm

A 30-year-old Las Cruces man has been arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a 3-year-old boy after the toddler reported the alleged assault to a babysitter.

LCPD investigators were called to investigate the claims of the little boy on the evening of Saturday, June 28. The boy told his babysitter that the man who had been living in his home had sexually assaulted him on at least one occasion. The babysitter told the young boy's mother who called police.

Investigators learned that Christopher Robinette, 30, knows the toddler's mother and had been living at their home since late March or early April. Robinette had apparently been sleeping in the boy's room while living at the home.

Robinette was charged with one count of criminal sexual penetration of a minor and one count of criminal sexual contact of a minor. He was taken into custody early Sunday morning and booked into the Dona Ana County Detention Center with with a bond set at $200,000.

News

Reader Comments

Post new Comment