Weather Alert

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 11:59am

Licenses Required for Employees at Sexually-Oriented Businesses

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 8:12pm

EL PASO — If you work in a strip club or adult business, you'll have to get a license now.
That was the unanimous decision, with Dan Haggerty absent, made by County Commissioners Monday.

To get a license, employees must be at least 18 years old and go through a background check.

Sexually oriented businesses include adult book/video stores, adult cabarets, adult lounges, sexual device shops, and adult movie theatres.

Commissioners are hoping this will curb underage employees at these establishments.

The cost will be $50 for a license, and $25 to renew.

If businesses don't comply they could lose their licenses, or have them suspended.


Reader Comments

Post new Comment