Rim Road house fire caused by electrical short

KDBC
Sunday, June 9, 2013 - 3:37pm

 A Sunday morning house fire in the 1200 block of Rim Rd. was caused by an electrical short in the home's kitchen, according to the El Paso Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the home shortly before 7:30 a.m. Sunday. The homeowner had reportedly just returned home from work.

After inspecting the damage, the fire investigator said the fire sparked along electrical wires running behind the kitchen cabinets. He said the homeowner had recently hired contractors for remodeling work.

The flames caused extensive damage in the kitchen, and heavy smoke damage throughout the the two-story home. The occupants of the home have an alternate place to stay while the home is repaired.

No injuries were reported. Damage is estimated at $70,000.

The El Paso Fire Department urges all homeowners to hire contractors who are bonded, licensed and insured.

News

Reader Comments

Post new Comment