- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 4:33pm
(CNN) — The victims of the Connecticut elementary school shooting have been positively identified by the chief state medical examiner, state police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said.
All of the victims killed during the Connecticut school massacre died of gunshot wounds, a medical official told reporters Saturday. Their deaths were classified as homicides.
The victims of the Connecticut school massacre ranged in ages 6 to 56, according to information released by state police. Eighteen of the victims were described as female; eight were male. Twenty-six people died at the school, excluding the gunman. Twenty were children; six were adults.
All of the children killed during the Connecticut school massacre were either 6 or 7 years old, according to information released by state police. There were 12 girl victims; eight boys. All of the adults killed were women.
State police released a list Saturday of those killed during the Connecticut school massacre.
Investigators believe that Adam Lanza, the Connecticut school massacre shooter, attempted to buy a gun at Dick's Sporting Goods in Danbury on Tuesday, but was unsuccessful, a law enforcement source said.
Employees at the store, about 12 miles from Sandy Hook Elementary, have been interviewed and have searched the store's surveillance cameras for evidence that Adam Lanza had been there.
Investigators have been told that Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza had an altercation with four adults at the school on Thursday, according to a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation. Three of those adults, the source said, were killed during Friday's shooting.
Lt. J. Paul Vance, state police spokesman, said investigators believe Adam Lanza forced his way into the building.
Investigators looking for a motive in the Connecticut elementary school shooting found "some very good evidence," Lt. J. Paul Vance, state police spokesman said
The investigation of the Connecticut elementary school shooting scene will not be completed for at least another day or two, Lt. J. Paul Vance, state police spokesman.