A winter storm is headed to southern New Mexico and west Texas. If you have to head out at at any time on Thursday, here's a link to check the roadways in New Mexico: www.nmroads.com.  For Texas, check www.txdot.gov  or call 1(800) 452-9292. Be sure to check our website frequently, as we too will have updates on road closures.
Scenic Drive is closed until further notice
- Montana Av. (US 62/180) east and westbound from Hueco Tanks to the Texas/New Mexico Stateline.
I-10 east of Fabens to east of Van Horn
The New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) has updated their roadway advisory site with the following entries:
• US-70 NASA to White Sands Missile Range (mile post 161 to 171)
• I-10 Deming to Las Cruces EASTBOUND ONLY (mile post 82-132)
These routes are snow packed and icy conditions, with slick roadways. Avoid traveling these areas until conditions change.
DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS:
• NM-404 Anthony to Chaparral, NM-SEVERE Driving conditions
• NM-11/Deming to Columbus, NM: Wet with icy spots
• I-10/Dona Ana area: Texas state line to Deming, NM is reporting snow packed areas with slick roadways with WESTBOUND traffic open to one lane.
• Silver City area – NM-15; NM-35 and NM-152 are snow packed and icy in spots, proceed with caution
• US-180 Hurley to Deming is snow packed and icy, proceed with caution
• NM-90 Lordsburg to Silver City is snow packed and icy, proceed with caution.
Sun Metro Service Advisory:
Sun Metro's fixed-route service will be running on the regular schedule with some minor delays caused by icy road conditions.
There are some service delays for the LIFT, paratransit service, because of unsafe road conditions around the LIFT’s primary facility at 5081 Fred Wilson.
Sun Metro passengers are asked to please have patience as drivers work through the icy conditions. The public is asked to please be courteous to Sun Metro buses and fellow commuters to help prevent unnecessary accidents and anxiety.
For more information about the Sun Metro fixed-route service, call 533-3333.
For more information about the LIFT service, call 544-2514.
Project Bravo will only be open from 1:00- 5:00 p.m.
All Public Libraries will open at 10 AM today, Friday, January 4.
-All Centro de Salud Familiar La Fe facilities and clinics throughout El Paso County will delay opening until 10 a.m.
-El Paso Parks and Recreation Centers will have a delayed opening at 10 a.m. This includes recreation, senior and aquatic centers plus their administration buildings.
- Airport: Some flights have been delayed or cancelled. You can check flight information here: http://elpasointernationalairport.com/flight-info.php?info=departures 
- City operations with the exception of response personnel, will be closing at 3pm for Thursday. This includes all libraries!
- El Paso County Courthouse will close at 2:00pm due to inclement weather for Thursday.
- El Paso Zoo closed for Thursday.
-EPWU Customer Service Center, Administrative Offices, and TecH2O Center will be on a one hour delayed start to Friday. EPWU Plant and Maintenance Crews will remain on duty 24/7.
- Environmental Services Department recycling collections canceled for Friday due to weather.
- Housing Authority of the City of El Paso (HACEP) will close all offices at 3 p.m. Thursday, and will reopen at normal hours at 8 a.m. Friday, weather permitting.
- Municipal Court Sessions cancelled for Thursday; additionally, court sessions for Friday morning, January 4, 2013 that begin at 7:00 am through 8:30 am also are cancelled.Cases automatically will be reset for a future date.
- Workforce Solutions Upper Rio Grande will be closing early Wednesday, Jan. 3, at 2 pm and reopening later, at 10 am Thursday morning because of the weather. This includes all centers in our 6 county region.
-In Las Cruces, the Children's Garden delayed opening until 10 a.m.
- Branigan Memorial Library will close at 5 p.m. Thursday.
- City of Las Cruces offices closed at 3 p.m. Thursday and will reopen at 10 a.m. tomorrow, Jan. 4. Police and fire services are unaffected.
- RoadRUNNER Transit and Dial-a-Ride is suspending service at 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 3. Services will resume at 10 a.m., Jan. 4; For more information call RoadRUNNER Transit at 575/541-2500.
- Solid Waste/Recycling: A decision regarding January 4 service will be made at a later time. If solid waste/recycling is not picked up as scheduled, it will be picked up on Saturday, Jan. 5.
-Dona Ana Magistrate Court (Las Cruces and Anthony) will be on a two hour delay tomorrow. Jurors should report at 10:30 am instead of 8:20 am.
- The City of Sunland Park closed Friday due to Weather Conditions and mandatory furlough.
- El Paso Veteran's Affiars will be closing early today due to weather. The VA has rescheduled all afternoon apointments. Tomorrow's appointments are TDB depending on weather tonight. If you need to speak to a nurse, please call 1-866-862-7863. In the event of an emergency, go to William Beaumont Army Medical Center or the nearest emergency room.
- Fort Bliss personnel to be released early, 1100 hours due to severe weather. For tomorrow, only key and essential personnel to report.
-Freedom Crossing, closing at 5 p.m. with the exception of The Grand Theatre Fort Bliss 10 Buffalo Wild Wings at Ft. Bliss Smashburger at Ft. Bliss and Shamrocks of El Paso, who currently plan to be open normal hours.
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center authorized a three hour early release of nonemergency essential personnel for Jan. 3. Further, two-hour late reporting Friday morning, Jan. 4, for nonemergency essential personnel is authorized.
Patients with scheduled appointments Thursday and Friday will be contacted to reschedule. For those patients who have significant medical conditions that necessitate an outpatient visit today, please report as early as safely possible - every attempt will be made to work you in expeditiously. Emergency Department will remain open for emergencies.
- White Sands Missile Range closed; Pharmacy and Commissary will remain open an additional hour. The Shoppette and Subway will remain open for their normal hours (Shoppette will be open until 10 p.m. and the Subway until 7 p.m.). The gas station will be available for unattended fueling. The Child Development Center will remain open until the last child is picked up. For Jan. 4, 2013, the White Sands Missile Range will be on a delayed opening schedule and will open at 10 a.m.
- Holloman AFB announced delayed reporting on Friday, Jan. 4 for all personnel. Alamogordo area and base residents will report at 8 a.m. Las Cruces, El Paso and mountain area residents will report at 12 p.m. Mid-shift workers overnight tonight, Jan. 3-4, WILL NOT REPORT.
- Centro de Salud Familiar La Fe facilities and clinics throughout El Paso County will close today at 3 p.m.
- Ysleta ISD has cancelled basketball games scheduled for Friday due to adverse weather conditions. All high school Varsity and JV games will be rescheduled as follows: • Varsity girls and JV boys will begin at 12:00 p.m. • Varsity boys and JV girls will begin at 1:30 p.m. • 9th grade boys will begin at 12:00 p.m. • 9th grade girls will begin at 1:30 p.m. • All locations will remain the same. Parkland High School rescheduled games: • JV girls will begin at 10:00 a.m. • Varsity girls will begin at 11:30 a.m. • Varsity boys will begin at 1:00 p.m. • JV boys will begin at 2:30 p.m.
Elementary, private, high schools:
Christian Faith Academy is on a two hour delay. Classes start at 10 a.m.
- Anthony ISD will have 2-hour delay for staff Friday morning, per superintendent.
- Cathedral High School cancelled classes for Thursday.
- El Paso County Day School will have a 2-hour delay tomorrow.
- EPISD will be have a two-hour delayed opening Friday, Jan. 4, 2013. Employees are being asked to report to their worksite two hours after their normally scheduled arrival time.
-Gadsden ISD to close Friday, including staff development and Central Office due to weather.
- Socorro ISD will have a delayed start for employees scheduled. An 8 a.m. start is in effect unless immediate supervisors notify of any schedule changes.
- YISD will have 2-hour delayed start Friday morning for employees scheduled to work. Employees should report to their respective worksites at 10:00 am.
- The University of Phoenix El Paso Campus and Santa Teresa Learning Center will not be holding classes on Thursday, January 3, 2013 for the safety of students, faculty and staff
- Kaplan college has cancelled all night classes.
- NMSU Carlsbad Campus is closing at 3 PM Thursday.
- NMSU Las Cruces campus and Dona Ana Community College delayed opening at 10 a.m. Friday.
-NMSU Alamogordo campus will have a delayed opening at 10 a.m. Friday.
-Tri-State Cosmetology cancelled classes for Thursday.
- UTEP closing at 11 a.m. Critical facilities, support personnel and UTEP police department will remain on duty.
- University of Phoenix El Paso and Santa Teresa campus have cancelled classes.
- Western Technical College is running on a two hour delay for Jan. 4th.
-Riddles and Rhymes Daycare
- Apple Store at Cielo Vista Mall closed for the day.
- A Place to Grow Child Development Center, on 12001 Tierra Este: delayed opening at 9 a.m. 915-855-6227.
- Federal Mogul closing at 5 p.m., Jan. 3; opening Friday, Jan. 4 at 10 a.m.
- GECU branches, drive-thru facilities, and Call Center will close at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 3 due to the severe weather conditions. GECU branches drive-thru facilities and Call Center will have a delayed opening - 10:00 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 4. All GECU ATMs, depository's, online banking at mygecu.org, and mobile services will continue to be available for all members.
- All eight Project Bravo offices around El Paso are also closed.
- Jewel Gallery on 7134 N. Mesa will be closed until further notice due to the weather.
-Gymnastics Elite, 12115 Rojas Ste. 900
- Red Cross closing early Thursday at 2:30 p.m. Schedule to re-open at 10 a.m. Friday, weather permitting.
- Teachers’ Federal Credit Union will be opening at 10 am Friday.
-VOLAR closing at 2 p.m. Thursday
- Houchen Daycare: 2-hour Delay