El Paso, TX (KDBC) — U.S. Representative Pete P. Gallego will host a tax assistance workshop Saturday, February 15 from 10am - 1pm at 11100 Santos Sanchez St, Socorro.
Constituents can have their 2013 Federal Tax return filed by Coalition for Family Economic Progress.
“Ensuring Texans get their fair share of their taxes back is important to me,” U.S. Rep. Gallego said. “In 2011, $906 million in taxes were returned to constituents in 23rd District of Texas.”
Employers began sending W-2 forms, wage and tax statements, in mid-January.
An Individual has until April 15 to file a federal tax return. For tax year 2011, 292,867 federal tax returns were filed in 23rd District of Texas.
Of those returns, 249,602 received a refund, according to the Internal Revenue Services’ Taxpayer Advocate Service.
Bring with you:
• Driver’s license or photo I.D.
• All W-2 forms
• Social Security card or Individual Tax identification Number (ITIN) for all household family members
• Copy of prior year tax return (if any)
• Other tax forms received (if any)
• If filing jointly, your spouse must be present
For more information about the tax assistance workshop, please call (915) 872-1066.