- Station Info
- Featured on 4
New Mexico State softball moves to 18-13 on the season and 2-1 in conference play before going into a Monday doubleheader against Siena College in Las Cruces. The Aggies then face Utah State in the first conference road series of the year on Friday and Saturday, March 29-30, in Logan, Utah.
• Live stats for this weekend’s games are available at www.nmstatesports.com by clicking the “Live Events” link.
• Get all the updates of Aggie Athletics on Twitter and Facebook. Get in-game statistics and in-game updates on Twitter @NMStateAggies and @NMSUSoftball. Find out about all Aggie Athletics promotions and events on Facebook (NMSU Athletics and The Aggie Student-Athlete).
• NM State claimed two series over the past week with a 2-0 win over I-25 rival UNM to decide the series on Tuesday, March 19. The Aggies then came up with two wins in the first conference series of the season by sweeping the Saturday doubleheader over WAC foe Louisiana Tech. The Aggies fell 8-4 in the league opener on Friday evening, but came back for a run-rule 11-3 win in six innings before capping off the week with a 9-7 victory over Tech.
• The Aggies continue with WAC play and host UT Arlington March 9-10 at the NM State Softball Complex. The Aggies meet the Mavericks for the first time as conference foes, but the Friday series opener marks the 20th meeting between the teams.
In the Lead
• Senior Amber Olive continues to lead the Aggies with a .394 batting average and 44 hits this season. She is 12-15 on stolen bases and has helped the Aggies with 13 RBI. She has started each of the team’s 33 games and has six extra base hits, including a home run.
• Sophomore Kelsey Dodd is third on the team in batting average (.347) through the first week of conference play. She has four home runs off 28 hits for a total of 21 RBI this season. She leads the team in on-base percentage with .427 and has six extra-base hits this year.
• The Aggie leader in slugging percentage (.782), Staci Rodriguez is leading the WAC in that category and leads the conference with 41 RBI this season. She also leads the league with eight home runs.
Power in the Circle
• Senior Pitcher Alex Newman pitched 98.1 innings, has 50 strikeouts, and boasts a 2.42 ERA through her 24 appearances in the circle. She goes into the weekend with a 10-8 record.
• As a pitching staff, the Aggies have worked for a 2.99 ERA this season and combined for 135 strikeouts.
Players to Watch
• Staci Rodriguez has 41 RBI this season. She is just nine away from being fifth in the Aggie record book fir RBI in a single season. She currently has a .782 slugging percentage, which is good for third in the Aggie single-season record book
Three and Out
• This season, NM State has worked for 71 innings where the Aggie defense and pitching staff has sent the opposing team away in order.
Saved by the…
• Senior right hander Alex Newman recorded her first save and win in the same game when she pitched NM State to a 10-5 win over Siena College on Monday, March 25. She has two saves on the season and a 10-8 overall pitching record.
About the Utah State
• Utah State is just 5-25 this season with a 0-3 start to WAC play.
• USU has played just one home game this year.
• Led by seniors Christine Thomsen and Mandy Harmon, the Aggies are sixth in the WAC this week.
• Thomsen leads USU with a .350 batting average and .450 slugging percentage
• Harmon has a 5.04 ERA going into the week with a team-high 63 strikeouts. She has worked four complete games this year with a 1-16 overall record
Aggies vs. Utah State
• NM State leads the all-time series by a slight 47-46 margin going into the weekend. The first meeting was in 1976, with the most recent coming last year at the NM State Softball Complex.
• The Aggies swept USU in 2012 4-1 on the first day of the series and 5-0/-1 in the doubleheader
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved