- Station Info
- Featured on 4
The Aggies head to the Diamond Devil Invitational in Tempe, Ariz., March 8-10. NM State faces UC Davis and Pittsburgh on the first day of the Invitational before meeting Notre Dame and host Arizona State on March 9. The tournament concludes with two more meetings with the Irish and the Sun Devils on Sunday, March 9.
• Live stats for each game are available at www.nmstatesports.com.
• Get all the updates of Aggie Athletics on Twitter and Facebook. Get in-game statistics and in-game updates on Twitter @NMStateAggies and @NMSUSoftball. Find out about all Aggie Athletics promotions and events on Facebook (NMSU Athletics and The Aggie Student-Athlete).
• The Aggies went 4-2 on the weekend at the Eller Media Stadium Classic in Las Vegas, Nev. Two losses on the first day did not hold the team back as NM State swept the next two days of the tournament with two wins over both Weber State and UNLV. The Aggies topped host UNLV in five innings (8-0) and claimed a 5-3 win on the final day of the tournament.
• After more than a month of tournament play, the Aggies head into their first road series against the Nebraska Huskers in a three-game weekend series, March 15-16, in Lincoln, Neb.
In the Lead
• Senior Teresa Conrad leads the team with a .396 batting average and a .604 slugging percentage. She has 21 hits with nine extra-base hits and six walks for an on-base percentage of .475
• Sophomore Staci Rodrigues leads the team with seven+ home runs and 27 RBI this season. She has 21 total hits with 16 runs scored and has been walked eight times.
• Sophomore Kelsey Dodd is second on the team in batting average (.389) through the Aggies 21 games this season. She has two home runs off 21 hits for a total of 13 RBI this season.
• Sophomore Malena Padilla is hitting .327 so far this season with 17 hits and eight runs with nine RBI.
Power in the Circle
• Senior Pitcher Alex Newman pitched 61.1 innings, has 33 strikeouts, and boasts a 1.71 ERA through her 14 appearances in the circle. She goes into the week with a 7-4 record.
• As a pitching staff, the Aggies have worked for a 2.36 ERA this season and combined for 96 strikeouts.
• Sophomore Karysta Donisthorpe pitched a career high 12 strikeouts in the 4-3 win over South Dakota.
• Elizabeth Caporusico leads with a .441 batting avg. while starting all 19 games
• Cheyenne Coyle has 8 home runs for 26 runs batted in to lead the Sun Devils
• Dallas Escobedo boasts a 1.90 ERA through her 14 appearances and eight complete games for an 11-1 record in the circle. She’s pitched 77.1 innings with 120 strikeouts.
• A regular opponent of the Aggies, ASU holds a 27-7 record over NM State with the most recent meeting coming at the 2012 edition of the Diamond Devil Invitational.
• Last time, the Sun Devils worked for a 13-5 win over the Aggies in six innings to close the tournament.
• Jasmine Lee has .281 batting avg. starting all 19 games with 18 hits on 64 at bats, but JJ Wagoner leads with a .333 average (13 gp)
• Chandler Wagner leads with 11 RBI for a .240 batting average and a .360 slugging percentage, but has 1struck out 16 times
• Leah Munden and Justine Vela lead the Aggies with a 1.94 and 2.28 ERA, respectively. Munden had worked 39.2 innings in the circle for a 3-4 record. Vela is 5-1 with 55.1 innings pitched and 56 strikeouts.
• This is the first meeting between the teams
• Tori Nirschl has .353 batting avg. starting all 15 games with 18 hits, 3 home runs and 10 runs batted in
• Savannah King leads with 5-4 record and 3.27 ERA with 11 appearances, 51.1 innings pitched and 30 strikeouts
• This is the first meeting between the teams
• Emilee Koerner leads the Irish with a 5.18 batting average with 14 runs off 29 hits from 56 at bats for 17 RBI.
• Kelsey Thornton had started all 17 games with 11 runs and leads the team with 11 stolen bases on 12 attempts
• In the circle, Brittany O’Donnell is on top with a 6-1 record and 1.72 ERA. She has worked 40.2 innings with 39 strikeouts
• The Aggies and the Irish have met just once in program history. In 2002, the extra inning game fell in favor of Norte Dame 9-7 in eight innings.
Big WAC Honors
• Sophomore Staci Rodriguez was named WAC Hitter of the Week for a .429 on-base percentage and going 10-for-25 at the plate for NM State with two double, a sacrifice fly and a career-high 13 RBI with three home runs through the Aggies seven games last week.
• Conrad led the Aggies at the plate last week with a .600 batting average, an .800 slugging percentage and a .714 on-base percentage. She had a hit in each of the Aggies' four games last week, with two doubles, three runs of her own and one RBI and three walks. Conrad had two multi-hit games and reached base each of her four times at the plate against rival I-10 UTEP on Saturday, Feb. 23, helping NM State to a 5-4 win over the Miners in extra (8) innings.
• NM State beat in-state rival UNM Sunday, Feb. 10, in a 3-0 victory in 7 innings. The Aggies fell in the second meeting between the teams 10-9 after a rain delay in Las Cruces. The Rio Grande Rivalry wraps up on March 19 in Albuquerque.
• The Aggies then defeated I-10 rival UTEP 7-1 on Tuesday, Feb. 12, and came back to take the series with a 5-4 win over the Miners in extra innings (8) in El Paso on Feb. 22. The third and final game of the season for the rivals was postponed due to high wind warnings in the area.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved