- Station Info
- Featured on 4
NM State heads into Western Athletic Conference play by welcoming Louisiana Tech for a three game series March 22-23. The Aggies go into the conference opening weekend with a 16-12 record and fresh off an in-state rivalry win over the New Mexico Lobos on Tuesday, March 19.
• Live stats for each game are available at www.nmstatesports.com.
• Get all the updates of Aggie Athletics on Twitter and Facebook. Get in-game statistics and in-game updates on Twitter @NMStateAggies and @NMSUSoftball. Find out about all Aggie Athletics promotions and events on Facebook (NMSU Athletics and The Aggie Student-Athlete).
• NM State made the short trip north for the final meetin of the Rio Grande Rivalry series against the UNM Lobos and came up with a 2-0 win to take the series. Celisha Walker and Alex Newman combined for just three hits allowed and Newman picked up her eighth win of the season.
• NM State hosts Siena College for a doubleheader on Monday, March 25, before making its first conference road trip of the season to face Utah State for a three-game series March 29-30 in Logan, Utah.
In the Lead
• Senior Amber Olive leads the Aggies with a .344 batting average and 33 hits this season. She is 10-13 on stolen bases and has helped the Aggies with 12 RBI.
• Sophomore Kelsey Dodd is second on the team in batting average (.329) through the first half of the season. She has three home runs off 24 hits for a total of 15 RBI this season. She leads the team in on-base percentage with .427 and has six extra-base hits this year.
• The Aggie leader in slugging percentage (.655), Staci Rodriguez is second in the WAC in that category and leads the conference with 28 RBI this season. She also leads the league with eight home runs.
Power in the Circle
• Senior Pitcher Alex Newman pitched 80.2 innings, has 39 strikeouts, and boasts a 2.26 ERA through her 20 appearances in the circle. She goes into the week with a 7-7 record.
• As a pitching staff, the Aggies have worked for a 2.75 ERA this season and combined for 115 strikeouts.
• Sophomore Karysta Donisthorpe pitched a career high 12 strikeouts in the 4-3 win over South Dakota.
Three and Out
• This season, NM State has worked for 62 innings where the Aggie defense and pitching staff has sent the opposing team away in order.
About the LA Tech
• The Lady Techsters are 12-13 overall this season.
• LA Tech has played only one home game this year.
• Have only played one team out of the state of Louisiana.
• Currently on a three-game losing streak.
• Kristen Miles leads the Lady Techsters with a .400 batting average, 18 runs and a .438.
• Erin Kipp leads with a .586 slugging percentage and 14 RBI.
• Leading the Lady Techsters in the bullpen is Michelle Jones with a 2.62 ERA, 8-7 record, three shutouts (two solo, one assisted) in 85.1 innings.
Aggies vs. LA Tech
• The Aggies are 15-12 overall all against LA Tech
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved