- Station Info
- Featured on 4
After more than a month of tournament play, the Aggies move to 15-10 on the season and head into their first road series against the No. 21 Nebraska Huskers for a three-game weekend series, March 15-16, in Lincoln, Neb.
• Live stats for each game are available at www.nmstatesports.com.
• Get all the updates of Aggie Athletics on Twitter and Facebook. Get in-game statistics and in-game updates on Twitter @NMStateAggies and @NMSUSoftball. Find out about all Aggie Athletics promotions and events on Facebook (NMSU Athletics and The Aggie Student-Athlete).
• The Aggies went 4-2 on the weekend at the Eller Media Stadium Classic in Las Vegas, Nev. Two losses on the first day did not hold the team back as NM State swept the next two days of the tournament with two wins over both Weber State and UNLV. The Aggies topped host UNLV in five innings (8-0) and claimed a 5-3 win on the final day of the tournament.
• NM State goes into the week for the final game of the series at Rio Grande rival New Mexico on Tuesday, March 19. Then, the Aggies heads into the much-anticipated conference season with the first home series in 19 games. The Aggies welcome Louisiana Tech to open WAC play at the NM State Softball Complex on March 22-23.
In the Lead
• Senior Amber Olive leads the team with a .360 batting average this season. She has 31 hits off her 86 at bats and 18 runs scored. She has turned 12 RBI on the year with five extra-base hits. She leads the team with 10 stolen bases in 12 attempts.
• Fellow senior Teresa Conrad is just behind Olive, hitting .354 and slugging .523 this season. She has started in 23 games for the Aggies with 23 hits off 65 at bats.
• Sophomore Kelsey Dodd is third on the team in batting average (.333) through the Aggies 25 games this season. She has two home runs off 22 hits for a total of 14 RBI this season.
• Sophomore Staci Rodrigues leads the team in homeruns with eight and also boasts 28 RBI on the season. She has 22 hits this season with 17 runs scored and two sacrifice flies.
Power in the Circle
• Senior right hander Alex Newman has pitched 69.1 innings for the Aggies in her 13 starts in the circle. She has maintained a 1.82 ERA with a 7-5 record while firing 36 strikeouts.
• Sophomore Karysta Donisthorpe pitched a career high 12 strikeouts in the 4-3 win over South Dakota (2/24) and leads the Aggie pitching staff with 47 K's in her 11 appearances. She has a 5-2 record in the circle with a 3.23 ERA.
• The team has hit 25 home runs in just 21 games this season and holds a 16-5 overall record.
• The game marks the home opener for the Huskers in Lincoln, Neb.
• Tied for 21st in the ESPN.com/USA Softball poll, the Huskers have already claimed pivotal wins over No. 1 Oklahoma and No. 23 Florida State this season.
• The team has recorded eight shutouts this season and has allowed one run or less in 16 of its 21 games.
• Led by Brooke Thomason with a .406 batting average, she has five home runs on the season and a total of 10 extra-base hits. She leads the team with 23 RBI and has plated 14 runs of her own.
• The Huskers pitching staff owns a 1.80 ERA and combines for 96 strikeouts. Emily Lockman boasts a 1.40 ERA with a 7-1 record in the circle for the Huskers and allows a .203 batting average.
• Tatum Edwards has the most work in the circle for Nebraska with 68.2 innings pitched and a 9-4 record. She had 53 strikeouts on the year.
• Meeting for the fourth straight year, NU holds an 11-5 record over the Aggies, including the season-opening 5-1 spoiler at the NM state Softball Complex during the Hotel Encanto Classic this season.
• The teams have never met in Lincoln, Neb., and 15 of the total 116 meetings have come in Las Cruces. The Aggies have dropped in the last six straight meetings and head coach Kathy Rodolph is 3-7 against the Huskers all-time.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved