- Station Info
- Featured on 4
NM State heads back out on the road to meet the Texas State Bobcats on April 19-20, in San Marcos, Texas. The teams open the series with a doubleheader on Friday at 3 p.m., and close out the weekend with a single game on Saturday at 12 p.m.
• Each game is also available to follow along live on live stats at NMStateSports.com or on Twitter @NMStateAggies.
• Live video streams are also available for each game at www.txstatebobcats.com/showcase for a fee.
• Get all the updates of Aggie Athletics on Twitter and Facebook. Get in-game statistics and in-game updates on Twitter @NMStateAggies and @NMSUSoftball. Find out about all Aggie Athletics promotions and events on Facebook (NMSU Athletics and The Aggie Student-Athlete).
About the Aggies
• The Aggies (30-14, 11-1 WAC) head into the first road series in two weeks. NM State has swept three of its last four conference series and is sitting on an 11-game winning streak through league play.
• NM State is leading the WAC with just one loss in conference play. After sweeping the most recent three league series, the Aggies moved ahead of San Jose State by two games over the last weekend. NM State.
About Texas State
• The Bobcats were picked first in the WAC Preseason Coaches’ Poll and won the Southland Conference title in 2012.
• An 11-31 overall record sits with TXST this season and 6-6 in WAC play. TXST has won each of its last three series 2-1, but was swept on opening week by UTSA.
• Anna Hernandez leads the team at the plate with a .368 through conference games with four doubles and four RBI. Overall this season, Haley Lemons is on top with 37 hits and 12 RBI with a .301 batting average.
• Six Bobcats have four or more doubles this season and the team has a .232 hitting average.
• In the circle, Rayn House and Ashley Wright split the duties with 120.2 and 111.0 innings pitched, respectively. House holds a 3.42 ERA with 77 strikeouts and three complete games.
• Wright sits on a 4.29 ERA with 27 appearances and holds her opponents to a .304 batting average.
• Marking the first meeting as conference opponents, the teams met last during the 2011 season and split their two meetings at the UTEP Invitational. Texas State holds the 9-6 record all-time against the Aggies.
Rodriguez Named ESPNW Player of the Week
• Staci Rodriguez was recognized as one of the Players of the Week by ESPNW College Softball Notebook, the media outlet announced Tuesday. The sophomore was one of five players nationally recognized for the weekly honor.
WAC Hitter of the Week Nod
• Rodriguez was named Hitter of the Week by the Western athletic Conference for the week of April 8-14. The honor is the second for Rodriguez and fourth for the Aggies this season. The sophomore outfielder from Paramount, Calif., led the Aggies to a 4-1 record last week that included a win over No. 17 Arizona and a sweep over Western Athletic Conference opponent UTSA. She hit .615 on the week, while going 8-13 at the plate with a double, three home runs and seven RBI. She worked for a 1.385 slugging percentage through five games with an on base percentage of .688. Her three home runs in the weekend series against UTSA, extending her season total to 16, which ties Rodriguez for third in the NM State single-season record books. Rodriguez had a hit in each conference game and went 3-for-3 in game two of the Aggies’ mid-week series against No. 17 Arizona.
• The Aggies finished the week 4-1 with a milestone win over No. 17 Arizona on Tuesday evening to eventually split the doubleheader, but came back to sweep its third straight WAC series of the season with three wins over UTSA in Las Cruces. The Aggies’ win over the nationally-ranked Wildcats marked the longest winning streak in program history with 11 straight wins. The previous record of 10 wins was set during NM State’s historic 2011 WAC Championship season. NM State opened the weekend with a run-rule 8-0 victory over UTSA and then came back to sweep the weekend with two wins on Saturday, April 13.
• The Aggies wrap up the home portion of the 2013 schedule by welcoming the Seattle Redhawks on April 26-27, as part of Senior Weekend. The teams meet on Friday, April 26 at 6 p.m., and then finish the weekend with a doubleheader on Saturday at 4 p.m. After the conclusion of the final game on Saturday evening, the Aggies will recognize and honor the 2013 senior class.
Aggies in the WAC
• NM State is currently leading the conference by two games. The Aggies have a .917 winning percentage in conference play, .682 overall and are sitting on an 11-game winning streak in league play. San Jose State is two back from the Aggies.
• The Aggies lead the WAC in nearly every offensive category through league play, including batting average (.322), slugging percentage (.536), on base percentage (.399), runs scored (81), hits (109), RBI (76), home runs (17), total bases (181), at bats (338) and stolen bases (15).
• NM State is batting .295 as a team in this season, good for second in the WAC through all games.
• The Aggies have 201 RBI this year, which is nine more than second place San Jose State
• The Aggies are averaging 6.75 runs per game on 9.08 hits in conference games, putting them at the top of the conference in those categories as well.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved