- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Dallas, TX — After a thorough 5-1 rout of El Salvador to open the knockout phase, the USA's quest for its fifth Gold Cup title heads to Texas for the semifinal showdown against Honduras. Kickoff from Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, is set for 6 p.m. CT (7 p.m. ET), and the match will be broadcast live on FOX Soccer, UniMas and the Univision Deportes Network. Fans can follow the match live on ussoccer.com's MatchTracker and via Twitter @ussoccer.
Honduras reached the semifinal stage with a 1-0 victory against Costa Rica on a goal from former D.C. United midfielder Andy Najar. In the other semifinal, Panama faces Mexico in a rematch of the first game of Group A in which Panama prevailed in a 2-1 win.
TOP SIX NOTES
• This is the third meeting between the USA and Honduras in a Gold Cup semifinal. The USA walked away with a 2-1 win in 2005, and in the 2009 event Clarence Goodson scored his first goal for the MNT and notched the game-winner in the 2-0 victory.
• The win against El Salvador extended the USA's winning streak to a team-record nine games. The MNT improved its record this year to 10-2-2, and 9-1-1 in games played in the U.S.
• The five goals also upped the USA's total for the tournament to 16, the most scored in a CONCACAF Gold Cup by a U.S. team, beating its previous high of 13 scored in 2003 (accomplished in five games) and in 2007 (six games). It's also the third-highest total in tournament history. Mexico scored 28 in 1993 and 22 in 2011.
• The USA has now advanced to the semifinal of the CONCACAF Gold Cup for the seventh consecutive time, and 11 times out of 12 total confederation championships in this region.
• Chris Wondolowski leads the tournament in scoring with five goals. That is also the most any U.S. player has scored in a single Gold Cup.
• With the World Cup less than a year away, the mix of veterans and younger players are hoping the Gold Cup will prove to be a launching point for a spot in World Cup Qualifying and ultimately Brazil in 2014.
U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Gold Cup Caps/Goals)
GOALKEEPERS (3): Bill Hamid (D.C. United - 0/0), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire - 1/0), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake - 3/0)
DEFENDERS (8): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla - 20/6), Tony Beltran (Real Salt Lake - 1/0), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City - 1/0), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana - 1/0), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy - 0/0), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes - 13/3), Michael Orozco Fiscal (Puebla - 4/1), Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg - 8/0)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake - 9/1), Alejandro Bedoya (Helsingborg - 7/1), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana - 4/2), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg - 4/1), Stuart Holden (Bolton Wanderers - 8/3), Brek Shea (Stoke City - 4/1), Jose Torres (Tigres - 4/0)
FORWARDS (5): Will Bruin (Houston Dynamo - 0/0), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy - 32/16), Alan Gordon (San Jose Earthquakes - 0/0), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders - 4/2), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes - 7/5)
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved