- Station Info
- Featured on 4
UTEP will face East Carolina in its Conference USA home opener at 2:05 p.m. MST Sunday.
- The Miners (13-1, 1-0) top C-USA in overall wins.
- The Pirates (11-3, 1-0) tie for the second most.
- Tickets are $5 for kids & $3 for adults.
- There will be a free post-game kids clinic.
- UTEP is riding an eight-contest winning streak.
- That is the fifth-longest surge in school history.
- With a win, UTEP would match the 2006-07 squad for the best start in program annals.
- It would also improve to 10-0 at home, achieved only previously by the 2007-08 team (14-0).
- Additionally it would secure a second straight & fifth overall start of at least 2-0 in league play.
- The Miners have two separate winning streaks of at least five games this year (8 & 5).
- The 1992-93 squad (7 & 5) and 2011-12 team (15 & 10) to have done so.
- UTEP is 15-16 all time in league home openers.
- It is 8-3 under Keitha Adams & has won three consecutive home lidlifters and five of six.
- Game is first of two straight in El Paso for UTEP.
- Will play host to UAB in nationally-televised contest (Fox Sports Net) at 1 p.m. MST Jan. 20.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS, HONORS & MORE
- Earned votes in both of the top-25 polls for a third consecutive week.
- 32nd in Coaches’ Poll & 33rd in the AP edition.
- Ranked fourth in ESPN.com Midmajor Poll.
- Stand 37th in the RPI (RPIRatings.com)
- Record of 3-0 on year vs. top-100 RPI foes.
- Had three players recognized by Conference USA through weekly awards.
- Both Kristine Vitola (11/12) & Kayla Thornton (12/17) were the player of the week while Irene Gari (12/10) was the freshman of the week.
QUITE A RUN
- UTEP is 42-5 since the start of the 2011-12 season, including 13-1 this year.
- Twenty-eight of those wins, including seven this year, have been by double figures.
- Five losses have been by a combined 16 points.
- UTEP is 58-19 since the start of the 2010-11 campaign, with only two of the losses coming by double digits (@ Houston, 61-77, 2/20/11 & @ UCSB, 50-68, 12/11/10).
- The last double-digit home loss came against Kansas State (65-44, 11/14/08).
UTEP & C-USA
- UTEP is within the top three of 10 of the 14 major statistical categories (see chart, page 1).
- Forged mark of 16-1 in C-USA games since the start of last season, including 1-0 this year.
- UTEP has posted four seasons with at least 10 victories since joining C-USA in 2005-06.
- Miners are 71-41 overall in C-USA contests.
- UTEP has the best winning percentage since the restructure of C-USA in 2005-06.
- The Miners are 155-74 (.677) in that timeframe.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- ECU leads the series, 4-3, but the Miners have won consecutive contests.
- UTEP leads in El Paso, 2-1
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2013 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved